Aboriginal Legal Services Penrith

Are you an owner with a problem with a contractor looking for legal counsel? We offer legal training on topics of interest to the communities we visit. Donate to our legal team to give the West Sydney community access to justice. Are you a multicultural person with a legal problem? (Including migrants, refugees, asylum seekers and culturally and linguistically diverse people) Clarify your legal issue now – act early. Telephone: 1800 551 589 This publication is a general guide to the law. You should not rely on it as legal advice, and we recommend that you talk to a lawyer about your situation. We offer respectful, warm and compassionate services. Early intervention services are available in locations around New South Wales. To find your nearest location, call 1800 551 589. The Indigenous Legal Service NSW/ACT (ALS) provides free legal advice and representation in criminal, custody and child protection matters. Call ESL on 1800 733 233 or visit their website at

Are you an Indigenous person who needs social support services, including housing, money, centre link, employment, relationships, and health and wellness services? If you urgently need legal advice, we may be able to advise you over the phone. Call us on 1800 551 589. Wirringa Baiya is a community law centre for Indigenous women, children and youth living in New South Wales. They provide free legal advice and representation in relation to domestic violence. If you have any questions about the Civil Law Service for Aboriginal Communities, please contact us at 1800 793 017 or (02) 9219 5057 or by email at We help people connect to other services they need. Order brochures online from (see Publication of Order) LawAccess NSW can provide you with free information and, in some cases, legal advice on your legal issue. Or they can refer you to another service. Call 1300 888 529 or visit their website at Your Rights Count! Get help with day-to-day legal issues and money worries Call 1300 888 529 or visit their website at Sometimes you can sort things out of arrangement and acting early. Seeing an early intervention lawyer will help you better understand your problem and the options available to you.

Cumberland Women`s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service (CWDVCAS). Are you a victim of domestic and family violence and are you seeking safety support in court? We honour Elders, past and present, and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. CLSAC visits communities in New South Wales and visits Indigenous women in custody. The majority of CLSA employees are Aboriginal. The early intervention unit can help you clear up the problem before it becomes serious. We recognize the ongoing connection to land, water and community, as well as the right of Indigenous peoples and communities to self-determination. Do you and your ex-partner need a safe place to spend supervised time or change with your child? Are you a youth worker or youth-focused community service looking for resources? Due to COVID-19, CLSAC has suspended its outreach clinics – we will notify you by phone. We help people solve family problems as early as possible before they become serious. Western Sydney Community Legal Centre Limited (WSCLC) is a limited company run by a pro bono and competent board of directors who are professionals with an interest in social justice. WSCLC is accredited by the National Association of Community Legal Centres (CLC NSW). If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in New South Wales with a civil issue, you can call CLSAC`s toll-free telephone counselling service on 1800 793 017.

We are separate from the other family law lawyers at Legal Aid NSW. This means that there is no conflict of interest and we can help you even if you come into conflict with someone who receives help from Legal Aid NSW. We also have Indigenous field agents to help you with money worries and family law. If you need to speak to an Indigenous Field Officer, please contact our Central Sydney office at 9219 5000 or the Indigenous Legal Department at 1800 733 233. Are you a youth with a criminal problem seeking social support in court? This toll-free line is occupied by Aboriginal women and is open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. At the time of printing, the information displayed is correct, but is subject to change. We work with organizations such as the Indigenous Legal Service, local Indigenous Land Boards, Community Legal Centers and other community organizations. Individuals in the community interested in becoming a member of ALSWA can do so by completing this application form and sending it to the Company Secretary [] with a membership payment of $10.00 or transferring it to the next bank account. The Early Intervention Unit (ERT) is a specialist legal aid service in New South Wales. We can help you resolve your family law issues confidentially as soon as possible without having to go through a lengthy court process. The Aboriginal Legal Service of Western Australia Limited is registered as a public limited company and is governed by an Aboriginal Council. The Board of Directors consists of five elected members and two co-opted members who work together to dedicate time, cultural and business expertise to providing leadership and governance.

An Indigenous financial advisor is part of our team to help solve money problems. Donate to our organization to help us achieve our mission. Indigenous clients can consult any legal aid NSW lawyer. Look for the nearest legal advisory office. Follow the links below to find contact information for your nearest ALSWA office. We can help you if you are a mother, father, grandparent or other family member. When you speak to us, you can bring a trusted person, such as: Call us via the National Relay Service at 133 677 or or call LawAccess NSW at 1300 889 529 The information is accurate at the time of printing. However, it is subject to change. For more information, contact LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529.